1. What’s the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
Well, on our last trip we touched down in Los Angeles, Chicago, Goshen, Boston, London, Venice, Florence, Naples, Rome, and Singapore. Those round-the-world tickets are nice.
2. What’s the most bizarre/unusual thing that’s ever happened to you while traveling?
Bizarre and unusual? Nothing really. The Snook and I don’t really go places where bizarre and unusual things happen. Although, EuroDisney was kinda trippy…
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
I’ve always wanted to go to Reykyavik, Iceland. I just like the sound of it. I’d also like to take the Snook on a Great Beer Tour of Germany one of these days.
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
Hmmm. I guess I like all three. I like long road trips in the U.S., where you can go on fun side trips and eat in truck stops. I also like flying on airlines where they load you up with free alcohol and food and give you a mini-TV. And thanks to our time in Italy, I now know the joy of train travel. They’re always on time and if you book the right ones – Eurostar, baby! – they’re pretty luxurious.
5. What’s the next place on your list to visit?
I think it’ll be a while before we take another big trip. We’d like to see some more of Australia though, so hopefully I’ll get to see Melbourne and Canberra before the year is out.