Idol Roundup: I don’t really have the energy to do a full recap, but here are my quick impressions from last night’s “Disco Fever” performances:
- Chris: good as usual. Solid performer, but don’t think he’ll ever pull the teen vote.
- Damien: Yowch. I wouldn’t say it was the worst thing ever, but I was definitely more bored than in any of his previous songs. Why didn’t he bust out the Bee Gees?
- Lavina: again, good as usual. Again, don’t think she’ll ever pull the teen vote. And why does Holden have a vendetta against her? Is it because he’s still bitter about her weird-looking sister that he had such a crush on?
- Ricky: We fast-forwarded. Boring! And crazy eyes. I think the judges want him gone. I do too.
- Lisa: Great song choice, but really boring performance. We haven’t really seen her grow or change at all so far.
- Dean: I said to the Snook before the show, “If he doesn’t do ‘Kung Fu Fighting’ and bust out some of his karate moves, he’s DEAD TO ME.” Well, he didn’t sing my song but he did do the gymnastics. Still not the greatest singer, but that was my favorite performance of his so far. Very entertaining!
- Bobby: Superfreak? REALLY? My enthusiasm died a little bit when he started, and I realized that he was basically just doing the Richard Cheese lounge lizard version. It got better at the end when he started doing the “Bobby thing” though. The touchdown was unwarranted. (Last week’s “Under Pressure” was better.)
- Jessica: I love her! So cute. She seems to be able to sing everything, and I’d love to see her go to the final two.
My Bottom Three predictions for the night are Damien, Lisa, and Ricky, with Ricky to thankfully go. Although there would be some Lisa backlash a-brewin’…