- awkwordly: Every time my dad asks how @imdominating, my “friend with cancer” (😐) is doing I end up crying BUT TODAY IT WAS FOR HAPPY REASONS!! 🎉
- heddle317: "Better a hole in the organization…than an asshole in the organization." [email protected] https://t.co/K3J6AS2exL
- bigyahu: @NicoleWill100 @web_goddess @FutureDirectors That seems like the course you do when you decide "I give up, I will c… https://t.co/d2lPr6Cizj (in reply to NicoleWill100)
Month: June 2017 (page 1 of 7)
- ThePracticalDev: The floor is Java
- ekp: Leading Silicon Valley engineer @triketora explains why every tech worker needs a humanities education… https://t.co/XkYv0Srrax
- NatDudley: My npm pride wombat tee arrived just in time for last day ❤️💛💚💙💜 https://t.co/p6mfZLUwZI
- rosepowell: Having done a bit of PR for Canva in my time there, happy to provide insight to anyone who is thinking of applying. https://t.co/s6tMBZO7r4
- cameronesposito: Just to recap: I am any Ken u need https://t.co/ce2Imu8E3e
- chr1sl0gan: @web_goddess Absolutely. I wouldn't do it otherwise. (in reply to web_goddess)
- _Astro_Nerd_: Good night https://t.co/ZckQ4dMPgr
- voltagex: I too want phones for arms. https://t.co/vWSW3sjEMS
- catehstn: A woman with a longer life expectancy. https://t.co/5dvlFqtxyD
- EmrgencyKittens: swipe up to see a cat fly https://t.co/SgoNLL3DWc
- Xavier_Ho: Managed to hand out half of these today 😊 https://t.co/WtHKNFSv8g
- rosepowell: @web_goddess @canva Brendan the younger! Such a good guy. (in reply to web_goddess)
- HamiltonMusical: Watch the official video for Immigrants (We Get The Job Done) by @KNAAN feat. @Residente, @rizmc, & @SnowThaProduct. https://t.co/vto2od9AoK
- SirEviscerate: I accidentally opened the Google+ app, and it screeched at me like I shined a flashlight at a long-forgotten albino creature in a deep cave.
- Roceal: @web_goddess @KathyReid @pelagikat Yes, please. With stitch map support! (in reply to web_goddess)
- JennaGuillaume: Reason #246 Tamara Jacobs is the worst: she thinks Heathcliff is actually a "decent fellow" #PaceysCreek (in reply to JennaGuillaume)
Unsolicited endorsement: Every Saturday I make a menu plan for the week*. As inputs, I go with our current fridge and freezer assets as well as whatever’s coming in the next Ooooby box. Then I use Paprika to find recipes that will use up the most perishable stuff first. Paprika’s great for organising your online recipes, and we keep our old iPad in the kitchen to cook from.
That said, last week I was looking at our bookshelf full of dead tree cookbooks and lamenting the fact that we rarely cook from them. “If only there was a database that I could search as easily as I do Paprika,” I said to the Snook. “Oh wait!” he said. “I saw something for that recently.”
Less than a day later we’d signed up for a year subscription to Eat Your Books and loaded our 40+ cookbooks into it. I was happy to see that just about all our books were already in there, and probably 85% of them were indexed. Once you’ve logged your books, you can search through the recipe indexes by ingredient, type of meal, etc. So handy! Already we’ve cooked from our books three times since: Neil Perry’s Persian-style lamb stew, Jamie Oliver’s Crispy Chicken, and Momofuku’s Brussels sprouts with fish sauce vinaigrette.
Highly recommended if you’re in the same situation…
* The Snook hates making meal decisions, so I make the list and assign him all the more labour-intensive dishes.