Please list your suggestions for our first book in the comments. Once we’ve got a good selection, we’ll have a vote. Then we’ll have all August to read it, and we’ll have our first discussion at the end of the month. Sound good? Some thoughts:
- It might be a good idea to include a link to the book’s page on Amazon. That way people can check it out to see if they’d like to select it.
- Speaking of Amazon, commonly-available books are better than obscure ones. We’re not all in the same country, so we’re going to have to limit ourselves to stuff most people can find in libraries or bookshops.
- Shorter is better than longer.
- We’re not in school; we’re not trying to go through the “canon” of Great Books or anything. We can pick fun stuff.
- Feel free to throw out as many suggestions as you like, and to comment on others’ suggestions. After all, if everybody else has already read something, there’s no point considering it, right?
If you have no clue what we’re talking about but you think you might like to be involved, here’s the original post that started everything. Everyone is welcome to join in!