Check it out! Heather’s got a new dedicated URL. Anyhoo, on to business…
1. What do you have your browser start page set to? My Yahoo! Although more and more I find myself checking my e-mail and then jumping straight to w-g, before eventually going back to read my news. Maybe I should change that.
2. What are your favorite news sites? Like I said, I generally read through My Yahoo!, which I have set up to show news at home, in London, and in Sydney. I also flick through Salon, The BBC, and The Sydney Morning Herald. I also read the Notre Dame Observer to keep up with everything back at school.
3. Favorite search engine? Google, without a doubt.
4. When did you first get online? My parents got a new computer sometime back in the early 90’s and it came with a free Compuserve trial. Unbeknownst to them, I set up the account and started surfing the Net. There wasn’t much to see, so I stopped using it and forgot about it. Those were the days of high monthly fees, though, and Mom eventually found out. We had a hell of time cancelling it too, mostly because I’d forgotten the password I created. Ouch. My first real full-on Internet access came in college, where I actually spent HOURS (on the weekend, no less) in the computer lab working on my website and chatting. Eventually our dorms were wired and I had a T1 connection within arm’s reach in my room. It was fantastic. It’s all been downhill from there. 🙂
5. How do you plan to spend your weekend? Today (Saturday) I’ve got to do my workout at the gym, and then the Snook and I are heading out to the Nag’s to spend our $100 bar tab (from Wednesday’s trivia win). Tomorrow we’re going to dinner at his sister’s house to meet the other half of the extended family. Then Sunday night, I’m hoping to drag the Snook out to the “Dive-In Movie” at the pool in Victoria Park. They’re showing the three Wallace and Gromit movies!