It’s country music time here in our office. We’ve just been listening to some Johnny Cash and Charlie Daniels Band. The Snook and I were both reflecting on the genius that is “Devil Went Down to Georgia” when I wondered if anyone’s ever done a dance remix of it. A little googling turned up quite a list of covers. We have to get some of these.
- “Devil Went Down to Brixton”
- “Devil Went Down to Scunthorpe” (the punk version)
- “Devil Went to Jamaica” (the weed version)
- “Devil Came Up to Michigan” (the rap version)
- “Cuando El Diablo bajo’ a” (the Spanish version)
- “Cletus Went Down to Florida” (the redneck version)
The Snook is hunting for these online as we speak. We’re envisioning an entire album of covers of this song. 🙂