Everything I Need to Know in Life I Learned From Flo on The Amazing Race:
- When things get tough, pretend to throw in the towel. Your teammates will then have to beg you to continue, which puts you in a position of power. It also means you can absolve yourself of any responsibility towards the final outcome.
- Being tired is a totally valid excuse for being a bitch.
- Never, ever carry your own backpack.
- Being young means you can outrun everybody else in a footrace, except when you can’t, but that’s only because you’re so tired and put upon.
- A great way to relieve stress is to throw a helmet. Trust me, you’ll feel better for it.
- When faced with an obstacle or challenge, always make the man do it.
- Never stay in a hotel that charges less than 25 euros a night.
- There’s always time for flirting, even when your partner is totally supporting your ass. Of course, that’s his job!
- Guys can’t resist a crying girl, so do it a lot. You’ll get your way.
- No matter how bitchy and whiny and terrible you are, a small “Sorry” will always clear the slate.
As the Snook put it tonight, “The awful paradox is that no one deserves the money less than Flo or more than Zac. Whatever. (If she had any class at all she would’ve given her share to him.) Did you catch the fact that in the closing shot, she was the only person sitting up on her partner’s shoulders? He was still carrying her ass. What a perfect summation of their twisted relationship. She makes me embarrassed to be a girl. Meanwhile Teri and Ian won my grudging respect, and Ken and Gerard nearly made me cry. I’m glad they had such a good experience together. And that’s all I gots to say about that.