1. If you had the chance to meet someone you’ve never met, from the past or present, who would it be?
Contrary to popular belief, I don’t think I’d pick Roald Dahl. He could be a pretty unpleasant guy and he’d probably not like me and then I’d just feel like I’d wasted my life, or something. No, I’m going to go with the old standby: Roger Ebert. I figure since I like his writing so much we’d get along swimmingly, and maybe if we got to be friends he’d take me to the Oscars and Sundance and stuff. Or I could be his co-host! (Screw that Roeper guy.) Yeah, that’d rule.
2. If you had to live in a different century, past or future, which would it be?
Ooh, I’m going to be in the minority on this one: the past. Pretty much any past, as long as I get to be a rich princess and don’t have to deal with muck and plague and stuff. Regency England would be pretty good. I could be Elizabeth Bennet and win myself a rich husband with my quick wit and “fine eyes”. Things were simpler back then.
3. If you had to move anywhere else on Earth, where would it be?
This is going to sound totally conceited, but I don’t think I’d want to move right now. Sydney has everything I want. We’ve got the cultural opportunities of a large city but without all the problems you get in London or New York. We have better weather than Chicago. You don’t need a car, like you do in LA. It’s pretty much perfect (with the exception of constantly missing, like, everyone I’ve ever met in the US and UK).
4. If you had to be a fictional character, who would it be?
I think I already kinda answered this one. Yeah, Elizabeth Bennet. Totally.
5. If you had to live with having someone else’s face as your own for the rest of your life, whose would it be?
Well, the Snook does have that Allyson Hannigan fixation… She kinda annoys me though. I’m thinking more Natalie Portman, except I’d be more vivacious and approachable with her looks than she is.