1. Is the name you have now the same name that’s on your birth certificate? If not, what’s changed?
Yup. Most folks nowadays call me Kris rather than Kristine though. A few who knew me in grade school still call me Kristy.
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I like my name, except for the fact that everybody either A) spells it wrong when writing it down or B) pronounces it wrong when reading it out loud. (“Yeah, there’s an E at the end there. Hence Kristeeeen. Not Kristen.”) But I wouldn’t change my name over that. I’d just prefer everybody in the world learn how to spell/pronounce it properly.
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
I always thought that my parents had just liked the name, but a few years ago while talking with my mother she mentioned that “Kristine” had been her best friend in school. I never knew that. I don’t know anything more about her, but that’s who I’m named for.
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
I like names that pack in a lot of options, like my name. I lobbied pretty strongly for my cousin Megan to be named “Katherine”, because I reckoned it would be nice to choose from Katherine, Kate, Katie, Kathy, etc. I also like traditional names that aren’t going to be embarrassing when the person is eighty years old. Can you imagine going to the nursing home to visit “Dakota” or “Jaden”? I don’t think so.
5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com / triggur.org / astroexpert accurate? How or how isn’t it?
I did the Kabalarians a long time ago and at the time I thought it was pretty accurate. The triggur.org site says I am weak of spirit and hate happy people. I am also apparently a lousy drunk. Yeah, I’d go with that.