Meme of 7
Well, Kristen tagged me and I’m kinda bored, so here we go. (Incidentally, who decided that passing along a meme was called “tagging”? That person annoys me.)
7 Things that Scare Me:
1. Small animals
2. Large animals
3. Unseen fish swimming around my legs in a lake
4. The possibility of financial disaster
5. Horror movies
6. The vampires that I always imagine are lurking around every corner when I have to get up in the middle of the night to wee
7. Tubgirl and goatse. I’ve managed to exist on the Internet for, like, ten years without seeing either of them and I’m really, really happy about that, but in a way I feel like I’m Pandora and eventually the curiosity is just going to get the better of me and I’ll finally look… and I’m going to regret it. (If you don’t know what I’m talking about, please don’t Google those things. They’re really disgusting – yet oddly legendary – pictures on the Internet, and everyone I know who’s seen them wishes they hadn’t.)
7 Things that I Like Most:
1. The Snook. I was never the type to have a Best Friend Forever! growing up, and I kinda just figured that I wasn’t ever going to meet anyone who really “got” me and that I got along with so amazingly. And then I did.
2. Thick slices of sourdough, fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, loads of salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil… Heaven.
3. The feel of Dr. Amy Jones as she snuggles into my side in bed.
4. Sydney on a sunny day – this really is my favorite city in the world
5. Getting compliments on my knitting skillz – I’m such a Hermione Granger
6. Registering a loss at Weight Watchers
7. Getting my back scratched. I loooove the scratchies.7 Important Things in my Room:
1. My two pillows. I must have two. I cannot sleep with one.
2. The dehumidifier. We were having a bit of a, uh, mold “situation” on the ceiling before, but the new vaporator seems to have cleared it up.
3. My Zyrtec. It allows me to function in a world of allergens.
4. My Notre Dame Class of ’99 ballcap. I wear it when I exercise to sop up the bright pink sweat that runs off my dyed head.
5. The laundry pile. It’s Important in the sense that it’s Threatening to Take Over the Room.
6. My glasses. I’m blind as a bat.
7. My Dove body firming lotion that I bought on the simple conviction that “the chubby girls wouldn’t lie to me.” The Snook and I are documenting the results as a science experiment.
7 Random Facts About Me:
1. I’m a quarter Korean.
2. I won the Lagrange County spelling bee in 8th grade, placed 4th in the Indiana State Speech Meet in Impromptu Speaking in 12th grade, and graduated valedictorian of my high school class.
3. I don’t eat fish, but with the Snook’s help I am making excellent strides into the world of seafood.
4. I got my BA from Notre Dame in “Film and Theater,” which is completely useless given that my two careers after college have been in I.T. and retail.
5. I went skydiving after my last day of class in 1999. It was a tandem jump, which was a good thing because I was completely hungover.
6. I have a tattoo on my back just below the waistband of my jeans. I got it for my 20th birthday and it’s the Korean word for “rite of passage.”
7. I can recite the alphabet backwards and all fifty states in alphabetical order.
7 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die:
1. Learn to speak Korean.
2. Go into a restaurant and order a fish and eat it.
3. Drive across both Australia and the U.S. with the Snook.
4. Be famous on television.
5. Learn to do a cartwheel.
6. Lead the Snook on a Grand Beer Tour of Germany.
7. Run a marathon
7 Things I Can Do:
1. Knit you a complete outfit: sweater, hat, scarf, skirt, socks, gloves, and probably even underpants.
2. Expound at great length on the literary significance of Roald Dahl‘s children’s books.
3. Kick your ass at darts. (Or at least, I can once I practice up a little bit.)
4. Braid hair – regular, French, and Dutch.
5. Type really fast. When I worked in an office, it used to freak out the people who sat next to me.
6. Affect an Australian accent. It only pops out every now and then though. I’m still in control.
7. Make egg rolls. They’re certainly not authentic or probably even that great, but the Snook eats dozens and that makes me happy!
7 Things I Can’t Do:
1. Work our coffee machine. I just can’t.
2. Listen to Micheal Stipe sing “Raise your arms up to the sky” without actually raising my arms.
3. Garden. I kill everything I try to grow (and only grow things I don’t intend to).
4. Design websites that don’t all look the same.
5. A cartwheel, to my eternal shame.
6. Put on make-up like any other adult woman in the Western world without looking like a three-year-old.
7. Resist the temptation of the remaining half-loaf of sourdough and the last two ripe tomatoes…
7 Things I Say the Most:
“1. Good morning, Tapestry Craft! This is Kris.”
2. “No worries.”
4. “How’re you going?”
5. “Large Diet Coke, please.”
6. “Albert’s phone, this is Kris.”
7. “Well, there really isn’t an answer to that, because a scarf can take any number of balls of wool depending on how big you make it and what size needles you use and blah blah blah…”
7 Celebrity Crushes: (Here’s where it gets embarrassing.)
1. Seth Green on Buffy
2. Spike on Buffy
3. Eliza Dushku on Buffy
4. Johnny Depp (as anybody but Willy Wonka)
5. Jason Bateman on Arrested Development
6. Joshua Jackson on Dawson’s Creek
7. Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter. (He’s almost legal people!)
7 People Who Should Do This:
Eh, I’m not going to bother. Either you’ve got some free time for navel-gazing or you don’t. Besides, Kristen‘s already tagged half the bloggers I know! (There’s that word again…)