Health Month Rules for May
I’ve just started my fourth month of playing Health Month. I’ve been steadily increasing my rules each time! Here are the habits I’m trying to reinforce for May.
1. Study BABOK (Business Analyst Book of Knowledge) at least 1 day a week
This is my relevant to my long-term career plans as well as my current job.
2. Stretch for 15 minutes at least 3 days a week
Still trying to fix a few niggling running injuries.
3. Bring lunch to work 3 days a week
This worked great last month; I saved lots of money and ate healthier. Have increased it from 2 to 3 days.
4. Go to bed before 10pm at least 4 days a week
Actually reduced from 5 to 4 days per week, as I had trouble meeting this one.
5. Floss every day
ARGH. I had a two month streak going til I forgot my floss at knitting camp on the weekend! However, I CANNOT do the whole â€œfloss before brushingâ€ thing. I do it after.
6. Read a book for at least 30 minutes 2 days a week
I spent too much time on the Internet and not enough time reading books.
7. Allow 2 alcoholic drinks a week
I interpret this as two days with allowed alcohol per week. Itâ€™s healthier and saves me money!
8. Allow white flour 1 day per week
This is my â€œeat low carbâ€ rule, and I allow myself one cheat day per week.
9. Limit internet usage to 24 hours a week
I interpret this as â€œmessing about when you should be doing something elseâ€ time. Slowly cutting it back each month.
10. Do meaningful work at least 4 days a week
I give myself leeway here. If I do something that is challenging or that I donâ€™t want to do (whether at work or at home), that counts as meaningful.
11. Practice my ukulele at least 2 days a week
This is fun. I gave my first performance at camp last weekend!
12. Exercise for 45 minutes at least 5 days a week
Iâ€™m pretty good about running 3x a week, but I want to commit to cross-training as well.
13. Take a multivitamin at least 4 days a week
New one! I only made it 4 days to give myself time to develop the habit.
14. Track your spending every day
I do this most days, but having it in HM will help cement it as a daily habit.
15. Do household chores for 20 minutes at least 3 days a week
Rather than trying to do 15 loads of laundry all at once on Sundayâ€¦