Huh. These are all about daily routines. You guys (that is, the gainfully employed ones) are gonna hate my answers. 🙂
1. What are the first things that you do in the morning to start your day?
Well, the Snook and I generally wake up about 9:30 or so. Most days he gets up before me and I snooze for another hour. I go to the bathroom and then plop down on the couch with my laptop. He’ll be at the desk, already signed on. Then we do our little morning computer rituals. He reads his Slashdot; I catch up on Metafilter. After an hour or so we munch some breakfast. That’s about it. Neither of us are morning people. We function much better in the evenings. Even in London we’d never make it into work before 10 a.m.
2. What are the last things that you do at night before going to bed?
Wee, take out my contacts, brush my teeth, drink of water, and then into bed. I used to read a lot before going to sleep, but since the Snook dozes off as soon as his head hits the pillow, I’ve been cutting it back.
3. What daily routine have you recently added to your day?
Searching through the want ads. Oh, and Days of Our Lives on Channel 9 from 12:00 – 1:00.
4. What routine do you wish you get rid of?
Probably putting in/taking out my contacts. It’s always been a bit of a hassle, and right now it’s allergy season so my eyes are really red and sensitive. One of these days I’m just gonna get Lasix surgery, I swear.
5. What’s the one thing that makes you feel like something is missing if you don’t do it some point within your day?
This is gonna be totally cheesy, but if I don’t get enough smoochies from my boy during the morning, I feel “off” the rest of the day.