Happy Thanksgiving! Here I sit in an office on an 80-degree day, thinking of my family and friends celebrating halfway around the world. Still, there are reasons to be thankful…
- I’ve got a great job in a career that really suits me, and with a lot of potential for growth in the future. I earn good money; I like my co-workers; I’m interested in what I’m doing. And I’m coming up on my one-year anniversary with the company!
- We’ve got our own house in a nice neighbourhood within walking distance to work. Our mortgage has just come out of its fixed rate period and, thanks to the current lower rates, we’re able to make extra repayments to pay it off faster. And we’ve got some great neighbours.
- We’re both healthy. Yeah, I’ve put on some of the weight that I lost, but I’m fit and I can run far (and increasingly fast).
- Great friends.
- Two cuddly cats that occasionally get along.
- And even though I don’t get to see them very often, my family and friends in the US are all doing well. On my next visit I’ve got new nieces and nephews to cuddle; new houses to see; and new jobs to discuss. Everyone’s okay.
Last but not least, of course, I’m thankful that I get to spend every day with my best friend in the world. If all else failed, that would be enough.