I'm so excited about my new job, y'all! I don't officially start until June 9th. I'm trying to enjoy this unexpected vacation, but it's really hard not to mentally jump the gun. That image there? It's from Apple's new iPad Changes Everything campaign, which prominently features Canva at the 8-second mark. If you want to learn more about what Canva is, just check out this intro video.
- miko_a: "Delete your node_modules folder and run npm install" is the front-end equivalent of "turn it off and on again"
- joe_hill: Please go see FURY ROAD, we need to support personal and profoundly deranged filmmaking at the big budget level.
- MGamalSalama: Can't imagine the quality expected from a company that has a #CustomerHappiness department :) Way to go @Canva :) http://t.co/JnCOTkpUU0
The Snook has been perfecting his hamburger recipe for some time now. We bought a KitchenAid grinder attachment last year (when he dressed as Bob Belcher for Halloween), and he's been doing a version of Heston's method ever since. (Just the meat part; not the insane DIY buns, cheese, and ketchup.) I wonder if the "Smash" technique is worth the additional effort. Smitten Kitchen has posted her recipe, and Epicurious has a big investigative article as well as their own recipe too.
- Season 6 Game of Thrones Casting News Brings a Long-Buried Plot Back from the Dead
- Facebook Tinkers With iPhone Design That Copies Path’s Flyout Buttons
- The Verge and Recode are joining forces
- Forget the internet of things – we need an internet of people
- “The Power Of Love” gave Huey Lewis And The News pop culture immortality
Selfie with Billy the Elephant.@ Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
The meerkats are his favourites.@ Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Who knew that cute animals eating berries could look so TERRIFYING?
- These Adorable Pets Are Teaching Star Wars Villains How To Love Again
- “What’s one thing you’ve learned at Harvard Business School that blew your mind?” — TheLi.st @ Medium — Medium
- Can you spell rivalry? Family dynasties fuel competition, intrigue at spelling bee
- Pac-Man's famous glitch is a main character in this new game
- Amazon’s purported Handmade store is about to rain on Etsy’s parade
An absolutely beautiful afternoon with Liz (aka Pants). Old friends are the best!@ Getty Center
Uncle Rodd and his two best girls. (We're all watching Pokemon.)
Self-Portrait, Yawning, Joseph Ducreux. #musepose #reallifememe@ Getty Museum
- What It’s Like to Be Lucasfilm’s Resident Star Wars Geek
- Mario Kart: Fury Road brings vehicular mayhem together across platforms
- Outlander Season Finale Discussion with Ronald D. Moore
- The Art of Evangelism
- Exclusive: Google I/O attracts more women
- How does Hillel Fuld spot great startups? – Zirra
- The science behind Netflix’s first major redesign in four years
"IL MYYYYY!" she said. Over and over. #success
No big deal - just being the BEST AUNT EVER. #littlemy #handmade
elf lip stain in "nude nectar." Not bad for $3! (Though if this is nude, my lips must normally be transparent.)
Cali and I are both expressing some anxiety about the Starbucks Flat White.@ Starbucks
USA!@ Target Culver City
- A productive development environment with Docker on OS X
- How to run a customer journey mapping workshop
- Urban Food Forests Make Fruit Free For The Picking
- Alanis Morissette looks back on her landmark album Jagged Little Pill
- The owner of Daikaya shows you how to eat ramen — the right way
- 5 Easy Ways To Empty Your Mind Before Bed
I am a rather haughty dragon. #rampage
Baby fist bump!