Happy blog-birthday to me!
Yes, folks, it’s that time again. I have now officially been running w-g for four whole years. Nuts, huh? (The archives go back a bit farther since they incorporate my very first blog, which didn’t live here.) As I did the previous two years, I’ve compiled some statistics to commemorate the occasion:
- Total posts: 874 (up 6 from last year)
- Total comments: 3323 (up 44 from last year)
- Comments-to-post ratio: 3.8
- Posts mentioning the Snook in some way or another: 199 (22.7% – Good grief!)
- Comments made by the Snook: 0 (He likes it that way. He’s an enigma wrapped in a mystery.)
- Top fifteen commenters this year: 1. Me (790); 2. Amy (255); 3. WeeB (121); 4. Tricia (109); 5. Moire (99); 6. Jenny (97); 7. Aim (74); 8. Eileen (74); 9. Claire (72); 10. Brigita (71); 11. Robert (70); 12. Max (61); 13. Miss Helen (60); 14. Niffler (54); 15. Lindsey (52)
- Most commented posts: Election Aftermath, Simpsons Valentine (yes, still), Wedding Announcement, Dude, Where’s my Fetus?, Just Married
- Most popular day for posting: Wednesday
- Most popular day for commenting: Wednesday
- New continents blogged: none!
- Jobs held: two!
- Weddings attended: four (Martin & Mimi, Major & Steph, Amy & Dan, Me & Snookums)
- New additions to the family: one (our cat)
- Pictures posted of my cat: 13 (I think that’s pretty darn good, considering!)
It’s funny to see the patterns emerging over the years. Women have made a strong resurgence on the top-commenters list, but WeeBen is now higher than ever (thanks to the fact that he started using a consistent username). I’m also noticing that my fellow bloggers are mostly dropping down the list, which I totally understand given my own commenting on other sites has dropped significantly. (Usually I’ll just respond with a link here instead.) And It’s weird how the number of posts and comments is almost exactly the same as last year. I guess that means I’m blogging at full capacity, huh?
Thanks to everyone who contributed with a comment or an e-mail last year! (And hey, you lurkers, at least say “hi” once in a while, okay?) I was especially touched by all your messages of congratulations about getting married. It was a little bit sad not being able to have all of our family and friends together in one place, and you guys really helped alleviate that. Onwards and upwards…