Happy blog-birthday to me!
My blog is going to kindergarten, folks! That’s right; I’ve officially been blogging at web-goddess for FIVE years. (The archives go back a little further because I was blogging elsewhere.) As I have done in previous years, I’ve compiled some statistics about the past twelve months. Overall the trend was towards less posting and commenting (which isn’t very surprising given that it was my first full year not working as an IT drone). Here we go!
- Number of posts: 779 (That’s down nearly 100 from last year!)
- Number of comments: 2528 (Down 795 from last year!)
- Comments-to-post ratio: 3.25 (Pretty close to last year, actually.)
- Comments mentioning the Snook: 200 (Good grief, that’s like 25%!)
- Most commented posts: Half-Blood Prince Review, My Birthday, Send Emma a Postcard, “What candy would you sell your soul for?”, Cottage Cheese Recipes
- Top 10 commenters (excluding myself): Amy (173), Eileen (86), Marci (86), Niffler (80), Tricia (72), Robert (62), Frances (60), Brigita (59), Tara D (56), Max (55)
- Moblog posts: 34 (I really need a phone with a better camera.)
- Posts mentioning “diet” or “Weight Watchers”: 43
- Major redesigns: 1 (You’re soaking in it.)
- Pictures of my cat: 2 (Only TWO? I can’t believe it. This situation needs to be rectified immediately!)
- Major hair color changes: red, blonde
- Apple letdowns: Dead iPod; G5 Weirdness progresses to full-on Breakdown; Another Breakdown leads to a Major Frustration, a Complaint to the Office of Fair Trading, and three months of waiting for a Replacement Machine; and Ongoing Firewire Issues with the new machine
- TV appearances: Better Homes and Gardens, Knitting with the Channel 7 Weather Girl
What will 2006 bring? Definitely more cat pictures…