Happy blog-birthday to me!
As of today, web-goddess is now officially nine-years-old. We’re comin’ up on a decade, here! I definitely feel like my blogging took a backseat to other media in 2009. I started using Twitter and Facebook more heavily, and I do a lot of my “wacky link” sharing on Google Reader now. Still, I’m going to keep w-g going as long as I can. It’s amazing to look through the archives and realise that nearly 10 years of my life – exciting years! – are documented here. As usual, I’ve compiled some fun statistics to celebrate. (Previously: 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003.)
- Number of posts: 823 (A 5% decrease from last year’s 868, due to the aforementioned distractions.)
- Number of comments: 1404 (A massive 35% decrease from last year’s 2195. I chalk that up to the fact that most of my commenters how have their own blogs.)
- Comments to post ratio: 1.7 (Continuing the downward trend of the last few years.)
- Posts mentioning the Snook: 161
- Most commented posts: The Anti-Knitting-Graffiti Manifesto (ugh), setting up a FatBet, new w-g redesign (thanks to Matt!), the “No ‘Poo” movement, finally getting my iPhone, and the launch of the 2009 Oscar Contest.
- Top 10 commenters excluding myself: Rachel (138), M-H (71), Bex (46), aim (40), eileen (38), miss fee (37), WeeB (36), red (33), jp (27), and Roceal (26).
- Oscar contest entries: 459, won by Mikey Filmmaker
- Runkeeper total distance run: 650km / 406mi (about 20% less than last year, mostly due to being sick/injured)
- Races run: Mother’s Day Classic, Bay Run 2009, City 2 Surf (fourth in a row!), Rebel Sport Run4Fun, and Sri Chinmoy 7K.
- Finished knitting projects: fourteen, including my “highly-commended” – AGAIN! – Na Craga.
- Cooking successes: Vanilla Creamed Rice with Rhubarb, Spicy Shredded Pork, Lamb and Barley Stew, “Chinky Chonky”, Cookie Monster Cupcakes, Cake Eyeballs, and Mangomisu
- Memorable restaurant feeds: Glebe Point Diner, Knitters’ Tea Party (and again!), Mad Cow, Kam Fook (for Steph and Eva‘s wedding reception), and The Boathouse
- Jobs: just one, thankfully! I am loving being a B.A.
- Websites launched: GetUpGo, Morris and Sons redesign, and Candi – Precious Jewellery
- Trips: knitting retreat in Mt. Keira, Knitters Guild Camp in Kurri Kurri, and Adelaide and the Outback with Eileen and Rodd
- New additions to the family: Mason Anthony Howard, my new nephew
To tell you the truth, 2008 was such a big year for me (running two half-marathons, buying a house, getting laid off and then finding a new job) that 2009 feels a bit smaller in comparison. Looking back, I was sick for most of the winter and spring. I had to cancel my one big race for the year. We both had new jobs, so we didn’t do much travelling. That said, we crossed some pretty big To Do items off our list. We did quite a bit of work on our garden. We paid off the Snook’s student loan, and mine will be gone this year. We’ve got a safety net of savings built up, and we’re paying off our mortgage as quickly as we can. And we finally got wedding rings…
Goals for 2010: Finish paying off my student loan. Run 1000kms in the calendar year. Run the Sydney Half-Marathon in May, and depending on how I do, think about aiming for a spring marathon. Take a vacation to the States to visit family. Go to a BA training course. Learn to sew a skirt for myself. And finally win that damn blue ribbon at the Show. That’s all achievable, right?