Happy blog-birthday to me!
As of today, web-goddess has finally hit double-digits. This site is now TEN YEARS OLD. That is crazy! Of course, the past couple years have seen markedly less activity as I spend more time on Facebook, Twitter, Ravelry, and Google Reader. Still, I keep postin’ and you keep readin’. We’ll keep going as long as we can. As always, I’ve compiled some fun statistics to celebrate. (Previously: 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003.)
- Number of posts: 697 (15% drop from last year)
- Number of comments: 929 (33% drop from last year – I think a lot more “commenting” happens via Twitter these days)
- Comments to post ratio: 1.3 (Down from last year’s 1.7)
- Posts mentioning the Snook: 156 (almost same as last year – it’s like a universal constant)
- Most commented posts: Oscar Contest 2010, Sydney Half-Marathon Non-Race Non-Report, Open Letter to Photon Group, Cyborg Kris (aka Getting Implanon), and Sports Bra Discussion.
- Top 10 commenters excluding myself: Rachel (48), M-H (30), aim
- Oscar contest entries: 392, won by Jonathan Wells
- Runkeeper total distance run: 1002.41km / 626.5mi – my best ever and about 50% more
than last year!
- Races run: Mother’s Day Classic, Sydney Half-Marathon (DNF), Elkhart County Fair 5K Road Race, Blackmore’s Half-Marathon, WWFoR Zen Run 10K, Rebel
- Podcast episodes: ten (not nearly as I wanted to do, but as many as I could manage)
- Finished knitting projects: ten, including my
- Finished sewing projects: sling bag, zipper bag, apple skirt, paisley skirt, robot skirt
- Incidents of Public Nudity: just one
- Cooking successes: Vegetarian Pastitsio, Slow-Cooker Cassoulet, Stamppot and Apple Cheddar Scones, Igor’s Pickled Brain
- Memorable restaurant feeds: Masaka Japanese Dining, Chuck Hahn Dinner at Bistro CBD, Spice I Am, Grotta Capri
- Jobs: the same one all year for me, but the Snook started a new one in August
- Trips: Weekend in Kiama, Easter in Canberra, Wollongong Knitting Camp 2010, Three Week trip to USA
- New additions to the family: my new niece Olivia!
Looking back at last year’s goals for 2010, I’m happy with how many of them I accomplished. My student loan is completely paid off. We successfully refinanced our mortgage. I ran just over 1000km for the calendar year. I ran the Sydney Half-Marathon in May – well, half of it anyway – and then the Blackmore’s Half-Marathon in September. We visited family in the U.S. I started learning to sew and made several skirts for myself. We got a new stove, oven, washer, and dryer, and we finally hung curtains and art in the house. That’s all good stuff! There were disappointments as well though: I was sick or injured for a lot of the year (beyond just what I’ve blogged about), and I went through a serious blue patch in the spring. I’ve been dealing with an ongoing personal conflict with a “friend” for a long time. My podcasting frequency slowed and then stalled. I didn’t really make any significant steps in my career progression. And I didn’t win the stupid blue ribbon at the Show… again. So it hasn’t been all sunshine and roses.
Goals for 2011: Run 1100km in the calendar year and get my 10K time to under 60 minutes. Lose 15kg. Hand-off the position of Knitters Guild Webmaster to someone else. Sew a dress for myself. Join the IIBA and attend another training course. Decide what we’re going to do with the garden, and then do it. Get new kitchen countertops. Visit New Zealand. And of course, win that damn blue ribbon!